90 Miles From Tyranny : My Slow Internet And How I Solved My Problem

infinite scrolling

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Slow Internet And How I Solved My Problem

My Internet got slower precisely when Comcast claimed that they had just upped the speed.  Sometimes rebooting my wireless router and comcast modem seemed to help, sometimes it did not.  So I did a speed test and got this:


Ridiculously slow right?  I was not sure if it was Comcast and I also suspected my wireless router which is supposed to be one of the faster ones (wireless N).  I logged into my wireless router and did a check to see if I had the latest firmware update and saw that there was a newer one available, so after a bit of an effort trying to find the update, as the update site was no longer available, I backed up my router configuration, downloaded the firmware update and then installed it, and did a speed test:


WoW!  I am rocking the Youtube now baby!  Talk you you all later, I am off to the internets in super speed!


No comments: